Axia is a neutral-body, and its RFID Testing services are performed in partnership with experts from MSU’s College of Engineering and School of Packaging. All tests are conducted at the Axia Lab which is located at the MSU St. Andrews facility in Midland, MI.
Axia Lab provides third-party validation services for Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tagging. Samples received by Axia’s team will be subjected to a series of standardized and tailored robust tests based on the GS1 standards for RFID tags.
The Axia team not only tests RFID tags, but can conduct tag testing on the devices and/or medication they are intended to track, and offers services for both solution providers and end users. Axia Lab is licensed to receive controlled substances schedule 2-5.
Our deep expertise in RFID technology and its application across industries is our key differentiator.
- Packaging Design
- Process Optimization Expertise
- End-to-End Supply Chain Expertise
- Digital Tool and IoT Expertise
- RFID Antenna Expertise
- Counterfeit and Brand Protection Expertise
- Reliability Test
- Collision Test
- Shipping Test
- Grading Test on Tags and Inlays – GS1’s TIPP Based
- RFID Readability Tests across Various Levels
Education & Connection
- Healthcare Value Chain Consortium
- Value Chain Certificate through MSU’s Broad College of Business
- School of Packaging
- College of Engineering
- College of Human Medicine
- Broad College of Business
- College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Center for Anti Counterfeiting and Product Protection
Once the top candidates have been identified, Axia will process to the case and pallet level readability testing to evaluate readability or packaging rearrangement to maximize readability.
The Lab has the capacity to do the above sequence for multiple SKUs as they vary in physical dimension.