Axia Lab provides third-party validation services for pharmaceutical Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tagging. Axia’s team receives sample RFID tags from an industry which are subjected to a series of standardized robust tests based on the GS1 standards for RFID tags.
The Axia team not only tests RFID tags, but can conduct tag testing on the devices and/or medication they are intended to track, and offers services for both solution providers and end users.
Testing services include:
- Tagged-item grade testing
- Tagged-item quality performance analysis
- RFID manufacturing analysis
- RFID cyber security analysis
- Investigating effects of shipping on the durability and performance of RFID tagged-item
- Investigating effects of environmental variation on durability and performance of RFID tagged-items
Validation with Axia Lab
Driven in part by the Drug Supply Chain Security Act (DSCSA) and the imperative to adopt innovative supply chain processes within the pharmaceutical industry, RFID tags are being implemented as the newest standard, replacing older barcoding systems.
Axia is a neutral-body, and its RFID Testing services are performed in partnership with experts from MSU’s College of Engineering and MSU’s School of Packaging. All tests are conducted at the Axia Lab which is located at the MSU St. Andrews facility in Midland, MI.